Here are the rules for everyone. Break the rules, and I may delete your post(s) or worse. I hate censorship and I don’t like deleting comments, but I also hate the journal being clogged up with the following bullshit:
- I’m opening up comments again so you don’t have to be a registered user to comment. If you want to reserve your favorite username, though, you should still register. I will leave comments open as long as I’m not getting tons of spam or trolls.
- You may reply to older posts, no matter how old they are. I don’t have a problem with that. Enjoy!
- If you want to post, you must be over 18 years old, as I don’t want some mommy bitching to me about corrupting her baby. I don’t have a way to verify it, but if I find out you’re under 18, I’ll ban you.
- Reply to the rant you are commenting to. This means, don’t reply about mommies making bad friends in the thread about mother’s day. Use some common sense! This is a pet peeve of mine because if you comment about things no one else in that thread is talking about it not only leads the thread astray, but it makes it look like I deleted some comment prior to yours that you were responding to.
- Be friendly with each other. You’re allowed to disagree and debate, but don’t stoop to name calling or insults. I don’t want to have to moderate a fight between people who should be grown adults. Clarification of this rule: You can use insulting WORDS (such as: “I hate it when assholes (do whatever)”, but don’t reply to another poster and call them an asshole. Got it? Meanwhile, you can call ME any name you like, just make it good. I need some new descriptive words to describe myself.
- Don’t even joke about violence against kids. Even if we all know you’re joking, I’m the one who ends up having to field all the complaints from crybaby mommies telling me my site is evil for organizing plans to kill children. I don’t need that crap.
- If you are semi-illiterate and can’t manage to form complete sentences, don’t bother posting here. I have no patience for this teen-lingo crap and it gives me a headache trying to figure out what is being written. If you are so dumb you need an example of what I won’t tolerate, it’s this shit: “hy my naim is Kait I m dum I dint finsh th 3nd graid.” I don’t have time for that bullshit.
- Don’t put links in your comment. If you do, the spam zapper might think it’s spam and it won’t get through. If the spam zapper misses it, I’ve been known to have a trigger finger and delete comments with links in them before I realized they weren’t spam. Oops.
- In case you missed that last rule, let me be even more specific: DO NOT link to mommy bloggers or mommy message boards. If you do, someone will run and tattle to them, and then they’ll all come back here and claim we’re harassing them and it becomes a whole mess. Mommy bloggers have nothing better to do all day than to have internet flame wars because they don’t have jobs. We really don’t want them spending 18 hours a day trolling our websites, okay?
- Don’t expect me to answer all the comments. I have poor time management skills and the people who send me emails are lucky to get answers. I might occasionally answer comments here, but most of the time I don’t get around to it. Sorry!
- I do allow parents to post here. Some of them are my friends. I appreciate a parent’s perspective occasionally. Don’t get too pissy at the parents unless they are being assholes.
- New Rule (October 2009): This is a personal pet peeve of mine. Since such a large portion of the general public now claims to be autistic or otherwise mentally ill and/or have autistic or mentally ill children, it’s no longer “special”. It’s now NORMAL. So I don’t want to hear it anymore. I don’t care if you or your kid is “special needs” — so is everyone else and their kids, it seems. So make your point without using the excuses and sympathy cards, m’kay? (It’s like the idiots who live in a military town and plaster their cars with “I’m an Iraqi Freedom Veteran” stickers. No shit, so is everyone else in town! You’re not special!!)
Additional rules for parents and wannabreeders:
- The above rules apply to you as well.
- If you act like a troll, your posts will be deleted. I don’t have time for trolls. Troll posts are pointless posts just to flame, especially if you make repeated posts just to flame, then come back a few hours later and make more pointless posts to flame. If you want to discuss, play nice and we might discuss issues. If you just want to hurl insults, save it for your spouse and/or kids. And don’t act all holier-than-thou about how I’m a bitch daring to delete troll posts — I’ve allowed far more dissenting opinions here than you mommies would on your boards or blogs. You certainly wouldn’t let me join on your boards and flame you, so just be glad that, unlike you, I allow contrary opinions here at all.
- Don’t harass my regular readers. They belong here, you don’t.
- If you start accusing me of saying stuff I didn’t say on my site, I’ll delete your post(s). Actually READ the site instead of taking the word of your bimbo friends. Yes, I know some teen mommy from Xanga told all three of her friends that my site said that breastfeeding should be illegal and asked them to harass me and tell their friends to harass me. But that Xanga mommy a liar, and you won’t find what she claims I said anywhere on my site. If you and your friends are going to lie about what my site says, I’ll just delete your posts, because there is no point to try and discuss anything with a bunch of idiots who didn’t even read my site.
- I don’t encourage parents to post, but if you do, don’t bring up your childed status or your children unless it’s really relevant to your point. Posts like, “As a parent, I think…” are annoying. Just tell us what you think and leave your reproductive status out of it. You are allowed to have opinions whether or not you have children, you know!
- For the love of all that is holy, do not identify yourself as a parent in your user name. If you have no identity outside of your kids, you’re the exact kind of person we don’t want posting here. We will mock you. It’s pathetic when even you think your only accomplishment in life is spreading your legs.
- Do not use this site as an excuse to neglect your kids. If we want to spend all day hanging out here, what’s the difference? If you spend all day here, you’re a bad parent. Why have kids if you’d rather spend time with the childfree than your kids?
Rules updated: May 18, 2008